Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Grrrr.....

So, I'm in the ladies room (which is how a lot of my stories start btw) and some random co-worker asks while we wash our hands, "Awake yet?", "Nope," I say. "Haha, you look like I feel."

Huh? Polite warm smile fades away, initiate blank eye sequence, ignite shoulder freezing technology- you know the basic "I'm no longer actually communicating with you even though you are talking to me" stance. She continues with the nervous giggles, showing me that it has worked, she realizes she has said something wrong, but can't believe how rude I'm being by not making her feel okay about it. Intense babble pursues as she tries desperately to dig her hole deeper talking about makeup, which I can only presume is another dig.

Ugh, sorry lady, I don't do backhanded comments. Here's a tip, just say "Me, too" or "I hate mornings" - don't give me some line of crap about how you feel the same way I do, but look oh so fresh and lovely compared - because ya don't. Ya look like a big ass no matter how great your makeup is. And that 1970's floral, combination drapes/mumu is doing nothing for ya, either. (Now I know what you're saying, "hey that sounded like a backhanded comment, and you just said you don't do those." You're absolutely right, but, but... 1. She started it. and 2. She started it!!!)

I've been here 11 months and have yet to bond with these people- and not for a lack of trying- but when one doesn't have grandchildren or children apparently they aren't worthy for chit-chat. Oh, their faces just light up at the cackling sound of a fellow breeder discussing her flock, but there is just so much I can do with weather. I work with lots of older women- hence lots of grandchildren. When I talk about my dog I get the blank look of church people who believe that animals don't have souls, much less brains. So, I provide you with Exhibit A, above, as why my dog is smarter than these people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home