Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Monday Morning QB's & Hypocrites

Lordy- just checked Frey's Amazon comments and found pages and pages of "angry" reviewers...or so they would have you believe. I doubt any of these are actual book reviews- from actual readers... Jan 10th and 11th and so on- all you can find are reviews about the book being a fraud and decrees of a book of lies. Well, gee- easy to say now isn't it? I mean, okay- some people had doubts, but when you go public waving your "I knew it!" flag now it is the sort of ridiculousness of a Monday morning QB. Besides- who is the embellisher now? Writing a negative comment for a book you never read is.... embellishing. And for all the reviews before TSG report- did you really love it or did you just want to sound like one of the cool kids at Mizz O's lunch table? All I have to say is that IF I had recommended the book- people would probably say- "gosh, Cin, you really think this is good? I mean, all the swearing and vomit and Capitalization? I dunno."That's the power of the big "O" for you.

This is a great example of why Amazon comments are stupid. Anyone can say anything, anytime.

As for my opinion on what Frey is accused of doing- well- this just goes to show how desperate people are to sell books- and just how hard it is to actually do it. I can't say I blame him for trying. I can't imagine doing that to my family, so I'd never. But, it wasn't like he set out to inspire people or even to be an Oprah pick- he just wanted to sell his book. The rest was just a ride he took along with that wild train. Perhaps it has derailed, but I doubt it- he just sold a couple more books, he's made a good deal of money, and I bet there will be more people buying this book (and all that fiction he couldn't sell before) even knowing the "truth."

Gotta love a good train wreck, huh, Mr. Frey? Maybe someone will use yours in their Autobiography...

Whatever the case- the Larry King interview should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home