Friday, July 07, 2006

I didn't want to do it...

I really, really wanted to hate (and laugh at) Paris Hilton's attempt at becoming at pop star. But alas, her song Stars are Blind is pretty good. I don't know if she wrote it or not, probably not, but it is kind of catchy. And while her voice is obviously aided, it has a quality. That said, it isn't my typical music taste, but I can certainly appreciate a good thing. I just wished she totally sucked, I was looking forward to some of my fave $5 word: Schadenfreude.

Also in my guilty pleasure chest:

Yo Momma- an MTV show where kids basically tell Yo Momma jokes. I have no idea why I find this one so compelling.

Ocean Drive- another MTV gem, this one with models and evil twins!

Rock Star: Supernova- OK, I'm not really all that guilty about this one. I love rock, I love new and different versions of songs, and, yea, I love tattooed, dirty rock stars who are hella-nicer than Simon Cowell. I love that they take the high road, even when they are being brutal.

I'm sure I've got more...

2 Comments:

Blogger Dana Pollard said...

I love Yo Momma jokes. Back in the day... our chemistry teacher would take roll. EVERY DAY one of the guys would say, "Yo, Ms. Massey, where's Jo?" She'd say, "Joe who?" He'd say, "Jo Momma!" She fell for it every time. (Yes, she was that dumb)

9:09 AM  
Blogger wilddunz said...

I heart Dave Navarro. It was a surprise to me. I'll probably crush on Tommy, too. He's got qualities.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home