Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Thanks for having my back Microsoft!

Or "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!"

I just sent an e-query out to an agent who likes people to recognize him personally somehow in their query... so I added a little para about why I was querying him. In it I reference a couple of the novels he represents. Well, I send it off and get a very quick "No, thanks!" And I'm thinking okay, maybe it was something I said, and sure enough I misspelled one of the books. When you type in CAPS Word won't catch it. And it was a word that looked right if you’re just reading along. Now I'll never know if it was my stupid mistake or my query that offended.

Either way, it just wasn’t meant to be, I’m sure. Just feel stupid.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Oh, hon, don't worry about that one mistake. If he can't overlook something that small, you probably don't really want him.

At least, that's what I tell myself about the agents who turned me down.

But it probably wasn't the typo. And it's better this way, because if you'd signed with him, you might never find your "true match" agent.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home