Thursday, April 13, 2006

Dream A Little Dream

OMG! I had the weirdest dream last night--I'm not sure if it was the funniest thing I've ever dreamed or a nightmare. So, somewhere in this dream I get this mail delivery, and it is a story that appeared to be a middle grade type of story (not something I write) that was (judging from the returned stack of papers) way too short to be a novel. The kicker was that it claimed to be written by me! But I knew I had not written this obviously inadequate submission. Apparently my grandmother had written it for me... and... and... and... had been sending it to a publisher--Delacourt to be exact--relentlessly. They were returning to me to tell me that it has been rejected for the last time! Do not send it again! In fact, never send anything to them again! Oh boy... was I ever mad at Granny! I wish I could remember more about the story she had written-- the MC had a funny last name, but all I can remember is that the first name was Wendy. Maybe I should ask my grandmother... Not to long ago I was telling someone about how she used to send my junior high poems into those bogus competitions. She'd do this without telling me. So I think that was why I had this dream. Still, too funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home