Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Silence is SO not Golden

Well, I didn't get a call on my Golden Heart entry... which I kinda knew was likely. My story isn't a romance, so that is a big one... and there are a few things that may have raised eyebrows. And my synopsis was a wreck. But my feelings on this are complicated. Not sad, though... more contemplative...

The good news is that I have gotten some tremendous feedback on the story... (even a Salinger-esq... The next White Oleander... comments) and an agent who will be officially titled Agent McDreamy when she gets back to me with a "Yes! Yes! Yes!" *crosses fingers* --said she LOVED it and is SO interested (Caps are verbatim *blush*).

SO, it's not like I take the non-nod from the GH as meaning anything. Besides I have this weird feeling the GH is cursed... I don't want to get into that, though. Just saying that maybe it is a really good thing...

3 Comments:

Blogger Dana Pollard said...

I don't think I could ever enter the GH. I'd die of anxiety.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

The GH is not for me either. They don't have a fantasy category. And even their RE category...well, I think the judges would probably have a heart attack from reading just my first chapter.

2:42 PM  
Blogger wilddunz said...

Haha Rachel! I'm sure I upset someone, maybe several someones... Which I guess is kind of cool in a way.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home