Friday, January 13, 2006

BigJim- hmmm...bet he *embellished* that, too!

Okay, last in my three part series on Frey. Cuz, I'm already losing interest. I've just got to say, this embellishment thing is kind of a guy-thing, though, isn't it? I mean just another Fish Tale gone awry... It was this big! No- It was thiiiiiiiiiissssssss big! Speaking of- what's with the website "bigjimindustries" - I mean really- an industry? And *big*??? Come on, Jimmy, fess up- *it* is as long as your stay in prison, am I right?

Ok- joking aside- I do think this is a male problem- maybe not with all males, but definitely some. No, no- not the *size* problem- although...Anyhow- Once I was taking a stroll through the ship (I used to work for a cruise line) with the doctor and we passed the Captain. Howyados', hows the weathers, a little gossip on the issues of the day, and the like. Nothing exciting from my point of view. At lunch, we're chatting about the issues of the day- and Doc is all- "I had a meeting with the Captain about that...blah blah blah." Now, come on- a meeting? Like a sit down, hash it out, stated my opinion and changed and reformed was it sounded like from him. Meanwhile, I'm scratching my head wondering what I missed- because I WAS AT THAT *MEETING* and it sure didn't sound as revolutionary as all that. So maybe guys are just born exaggerators... what do you think?

OK- so back to our topic at hand- The Larry King transcripts are up (I had to tape the interview and am now so over it, I'll probably not even watch) but, from the transcripts- Frey skirted the questions, asserting the heart of his story- alcoholism and drug abuse- was pure. Oprah called in and decided to stand by that, although, I think she was on the fence before calling to pardon Frey at the last hour. (About as close as lawbreaking Frey will be to a pardon, apparently)

My favorite quote of the transcript (and not because of anything Frey-related- just think it is funny in an Oh-no-he-didn't! kind of way):

"FREY: I don't think -- I think you could probably find people who would dispute every memoir that was ever published. And a lot of them have been disputed. When Jerzy Kosinski's "Painted Bird" came out and became a big success several years afterwards, people said, "You know what? Jerzy Kosinski never went through the Holocaust." It's happened with a number of recent memoirs. It tends to happen with a lot of the more high-profile memoirs.

KING: And Jerzy killed himself. I'm not suggesting"

I'm not suggesting...Larry King- you crack me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home