Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Never Go Back Again

This past week, and really for like the past year, I've been revising my never-ending story. This time may be the last. Let's all hope.

Today I am cutting out a major part of the story. It is hard. It is the part of the story that in the beginning everything else originated from. Now, it has no place. I'm worried. Yes, I have the story backed up in various states, so I can go back... but really I can't. Once you've put your mind to revising, can you ever go back?

I don't think so.

You can pick out darlings and special turns of phrases maybe, but once you've committed to the story in its new form, it becomes real. It would be like taking a scene from one book and moving it to another, it just can't happen. Those things happened to those characters. Not these.

1 Comments:

Blogger TJ Brown said...

Good luck with that. It's like having your heart set on a normal birth then having to have a C-section instead... Once you wrap your head around having your expectations change, you love the baby just the same.
Teri

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home