Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hot-Lanta

Back from the Atlanta conference in one piece. But boy do I feel beat-up! I'm exhausted. Lots of late night gab fests and early morning workshops. And now I'm all motivated and focused and even setting some goals! Imagine that.

So now I'll be hard at work preparing submissions for agents, doing yet another rewrite on my finished YA (and I really think this will be the last major focus change--my characters must hate me), getting a Golden Heart entry finished. Maybe two.

So lots of stuff.

One thing I'm just coming to realize--Query letter blurbs excite me. Ok, I don't like to write them, I don't think I'm even that good at writing them, but something about reading my story so condensed and simplistic in all those enticing and intriguing words really gets me excited about my story again! And I was really getting tired of this story with all its rewrites. So I hope that means that an agent reading it will be even more excited.

Unfortunately, in addition to rewriting the query blurb, I also have to rewrite the synopsis. Not so fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dana Pollard said...

I loathe query letters and synopsis. Seriously.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Debbie Behrens said...

I don't mind the query so much, but I absolutely hate writing the synopsis. (I just cut my six pages down to three!) Honestly, how can you cram all of that good stuff in a few little pages.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home