Thursday, July 20, 2006

Googling for a Cure

So, since I have Poison Ivy...on my face! And since need to be presentable in less than a week, I went out and googled for cures. Got to love Open Forums, you never know what you'll get.

Some suggestions:

1. Pee on it. (My face? No thanks. But anywhere is kind of hard unless you have "help"- ever feel like your life is turning into an episode of Friends? A Very Special episode...)
2. Pour Gasoline on it. (Um, seriously? That's a good way to die, but thanks)
3. Spray it with Pepper Spray. (Again, my face... Although you can't argue the effectiveness of a good distraction- like choking and crying)
4. Pop open the blisters, pour rubbing alcohol on them, and sit in the sun for hours. (Some people are just mean spirited)
5. Use steel wool or 3M Scotch Bright pads to scour the area, take a scalding hot shower, pour bleach over the affected area, rub it in good. And shower in scalding hot water again. (Some people are just psycho)

My favorite cure for the itching:

6. Sleeping and crying. (More like a symptom than a cure, but thanks, I've tried it, doesn't work)

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Oooh, I had Poison Oak earlier this year, and was miserable. Unfortunately, I'm alergic to the best medication for it.

It wasn't fun.

I hope you get over the rash soon. ;-)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

Oh man, I'm soooo sorry. What a horrible place to get it. I can't imagine how miserable you must be.

I'm sending out cosmic wishes for it to heal. Now. Fast.

12:34 PM  
Blogger wilddunz said...

Luckily mine isn't as bad as it has been in the past, I caught it quick. And I'm using the clear calomine gel, then blowing dry my face with a hair dryer. I do this morning and night when I'm at home. At work I spot check it with Anti-Itch from Band-aid, which got rave reviews. It is minty and makes my eyes water (because of the proximity of the rash to my eyes). It is going pretty good. I don't really look so bad. I may be in denial, though!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home